Wednesday 29 May 2013

Liverpool Care Pathway - Every Life Worthy Of Life

Another positive talking point for your next Life Cafe...
Inspire and be inspired.
See beyond your horizons.



Don't downsize your care options. Don't give up.

This man refused to downsize his expectations and saw past his horizons to upsize his care.

Scott needs the aids he has to live. With them, he has surpassed all expectation and made himself an example to us all to live up to and to follow.

Don't downsize your expectations.

They want to downsize expectations because they want to downsize care because they want to save money and you are expendable and expensive.

Isn't  that so,  Cllr. Collin Brewer?

"If you stop trying, you lose" - Scott Belkner


Words to live by...

That's right up there with "It ain't over till it's over" - Yogi Berra!

This is You Tube - 


It just take me little longer - Scott's story



It just take me little longer - Scott's story

It just take me little longer - Scott's story

First song is "Movement 1: In the Countenance of Kings
Secind song is: "Year of theOx".
Third song is: "The Perpetual Self, or "What Would Saul Alinsky Do?"
All three of them are by Sufjan Stevens...

Comments on Reddit -



submitted  ago by ciscomd

whatliesinside 72 points  ago
Your words in the video were very inspiring. I couldn't help but marvel at the technology that let you communicate with all of us; if that tech didn't exist, we might not have received your gift. Thank you.
My question is this: what is the name of the device you use to speak with us, and what other assistive technology do you use? How important is that technology to you?
ciscomd[S] 102 points  ago
The speaking device is called Vantage. I also used a motorized chair and sometimes a cane. These are of the utmost importance to me. I need them to live.
Dunkinize 132 points  ago
My 11 year old nephew was diagnosed with CP when he was born (severely premature). He has broken all the rules, just like you have.
I will be sharing your story with him this weekend, and I know it will bring a sense of pride to him, as well as helping his desire to do more for himself.
Thank you for just being yourself, and also for posting such uplifting information for people with CP.
ciscomd[S] 326 points  ago
Tell him don't give up, keep trying new things. If you stop trying, you lose.
tillicum 174 points  ago
"If you stop trying, you lose". Words to live by.

Rashnet 30 points  ago
Awesome quote

orvane 36 points  ago
I have tourettes and the offshoot of that is OCD and anxiety/depression. While it pales in comparison, I have had a few months of it being really hard to cope in every day situations. Lately I've been waking up, kicking morning in the balls and making it my bitch. Your video is exactly what I needed to see to reiterate that anyone, no matter the illness can be a part of something and enrich their lives.
Thank you very much, I may carry the memory of your video with me for the rest of my life.
edited "my video" to "your video", I blame tourettes


i.imgur.com

And on Yahoo -

‘It Just Take Me Little Longer’: Man’s inspirational video about living — and thriving — with cerebral palsy

 | Good News – Mon, 27 May, 2013

Scott, 29, from Glendale, Arizona, has cerebral palsy.
He can't talk. He needs a mobility device to get around.
Watch his inspirational video, "It just take me little longer," below.
Warning: You won't have an excuse to ever skip the gym again.
Scott spends two hours a day, four days a week at the gym.
"It won't stop me doing what I want to do," Scott says of his disability through a speech assistance device.
Following the success of his video, Scott participated in an "Ask Me Anything," or AMA, onReddit the next day.
"The speaking device is called Vantage. I also used a motorized chair and sometimes a cane. These are of the utmost importance to me. I need them to live," Scott shared on Reddit.
Redditor Dunkinize asked what Scott would say to encourage his 11-year-old nephew with cerebral palsy.
"Tell him don't give up, keep trying new things. If you stop trying, you lose," Scott said.
He added that because of his documentary, he might now have a job offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment